Safeguarding Young People
Keeping Surfing Safe And Fun
Irish Surfing is committed to Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children's Sport in Ireland. We aim to provide a safe and fun environment for young people to enjoy surfing.
Our National Children’s Officer
Our Designated Person
Our Club Children’s Officers
Every Irish Surfing club has a Children’s Officer. See our list of Club Children’s Officers.
Garda Vetting/ Access NI Check
All adult involved in surfing for young people in Irish Surf are required to complete Garda Vetting/ Access NI Check. This is an added measure to help maintain a safe environment of young people in our sport.
Code of Ethics Manual
Code of Ethics Wallet Cards for
- Young People
Code of Ethics Factsheets
- Social Media
- Children First | Key Messages
- Children First | Frequently Asked Questions
Code of Ethics Presentations
- Using the Internet and Associated Communications Tools and Keeping Children and Young People Safe | Mr. John Laffan
- The HSE Role in Child Protection Systems, Practices and Procedures | Ms. Martina McGrath
- Understanding bullying and supporting young people | Ms. Kellie Turtle
- Reducing the Risk of Sexual Abuse in Sport | Mr. Paul Stephenson