Covid-19 Level 3 Update
From midnight 6th Ocotber the Nation moves to Level 3 on the National Framework for living with Covid- 19. The Framework, published on the 15th September, sets out our transition from a short-term emergency response to a more medium-term approach in relation to Covid-19. It consists of 5 Levels and includes guidance for sport and physical activity.
The main impact for surfing will be-
- Indoor facilities cannot be used, outdoor activities only.
- Contests and other indoor and outdoor events suspended.
- Non contact surf lessons, training and coaching activities can continue outdoors in pods. Group sizes are restricted to a total of 15 persons outdoors, pods of 2:13 or 1:8 ratio are allowed. Multiple pods are permitted provided they are separated or staggered to prevent contact betwen pods or congregating before and after activities.
The protective measures previous advised remain in place-
- 2m social distancing/ no contact
- Hygiene & Cleaning protocols
- Accident & Emergencies
- Workplace Health & Safety
See Support Documents for further information and advice.
Keeping safe is our top priority as we navigate Covid-19. Prioritising the health and wellbeing of members, volunteers, staff and safeguarding our operation and activities to ensure we do not impact on public health is critical.