Cskins West Coast Junior Championships 2019
The annual Cskins West Coast Junior Championships scheduled for Lahinch, Co Clare
on the 9/10 March will kick off the 2019 Irish Junior Tour. Online Entry closing at 5pm on Wednesday 6th March. The tour will include five events, starting in Lahinch, taking in Tramore, Bundoran, Strandhill and finishing in Rossnowlagh in August.
The Tour will crown Irish Junior Champions in U18 Boys & Girls Surf, U16 Boys & Girls Surf, U14 Boys & Girls Surf, U12 Boys & Girls Surf, U18 Boys & Girls Longboard, U18 Boys & Girls Bodyboard.
To compete on the Irish Junior Tour a surfer must meet the entry requirements -
- Irish Surfing “Surf Club Membership” - http://www.irishsurfing.ie/signup
- Irish Citizen (proof of citizenship may be requested)
- Competitors must compete in their age category. Age refers to a surfers age on the 1st January 2019, an U18 competitor must have been 16 or 17, an U16 competitor must have been 15 or 14, U14 competitor must have been 12 or 13 and U12 competitor must have been 11 or younger on the 1st January 2019
- Competitors can enter more than one discipline, eg surf, bodyboard and longboard.
- Competitors must abide by the rules of the Irish Surfing Association including taking part in Irish Anti-Doping Rules.
We will host an U18 Open category that any junior, regardless of citizenship can compete in.
A surfer’s best four of five results will count towards their overall tour ranking in 2019. Tour events may relocate where conditions are unsuitable at the scheduled location but if a tour event is postponed and run on an alternative date it will no longer count towards tour rankings. If only four events are held, best three results will count, if three events are held a surfer’s best two results will count towards final rankings, if only two event are held then best two results will count and if only one event is held then ranking will be decided on that one event.
09/10 March - Cskins West Coast Junior, Lahinch Co Clare (Junior Tour 1)
13/14 April - Tbay Junior Championships, Tramore, Co Waterford (Junior Tour 2)
18/19 May - Bundoran Junior Championships, Bundoran Co Donegal (Junior Tour 3
20/21 July - Sligo Junior Championships, Strandhill, Co Sligo (Junior Tour 4)
24/25 August - Rossnowlagh Juniors, Rossnowlagh, Co Donegal (Junior Tour 5)